Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Which is this road in Bangalore....??


Those who live in this area will surely know the road I am talking about.This is the Doddanekkundi Main Road near Marathalli.

As a resident of thearea I am used to seeing the good old, battered Doddanekkundi Main Roadeveryday. In fact I don't even think it qualifies to be called a road atall...because... There is no road.!

I am one of those hundreds of people whouse this road (?) everyday to travel to work... The 7 minute bumpy ride tomy office is still a lot better than the 30 minutes of traffic jam I have to go through if try and avoid going through this road.I am very emotionally attached to this road.... I have seen it serving its purpose through the summer, monsoon, winter, spring..... and the cycle goeson and on... It is a visual treat to watch people trying to wade through thelarge pools of water that accumulate on this road during the monsoon...
The danger part aside, I think people using this road have grown so used to itthat they have now actually started enjoying the experience...!! Nobody iscomplaining....So, I was taken aback when one day I noticed that somebody has actually madeit qualified enough to be called a road by asphalting it...!! That's it...all those joy rides, water pool adventures etc are gone...!!

I decided to go through this transformed Dodanekkundi road on my BajajPulsar 150 DTSi bike.... As I started going through it and traveled about afew hundred meters on it... I reached the other end of this newly done roadand was in for a pleasant surprise.....!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: