Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Ratnamson Pens


Huh.... Finally, I have my two new Ratnam fountain pens (Size 302) in myhands...!

This is a pen company founded in 1932 and its first fountain pen was gifted to Mahatma Gandhi... As I am a strict fountain pen user/maniac, I decided to get hold of a few of these pens and add them to my collection ofother ebonite fountain pens (Advocate and Prasad Pens).

I don't believe in using any foreign made fancy fountain pens (Parker, Waterman, Sheaffer etc...... There has to be an interesting history behind them....These Ratnam pens write sooooo smoothly.... ! I am absolutely in love with them....As they say, "Once you hold a Ratnam pen, you will never hold anything else....!". For all of you fellow fountain pen fans/freaks, here is the address of Ratnam Pen Works... You can call Mr. K.V.Ramanamurthy on the number specified and order the pens you like....

Mr. K.V.Ramanamurthy
Ratnam Ball Pen Works,
10-7-18, Fort Gate,
Rajahmundry
Andhra Pradesh
India
533101
Ph: 0883 - 2498782
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jonro said...

I like the look of their pens and have heard good comments on the way they write. Wish they were easier to purchase in the US.

Rahul said...

I agree with you! Parker, etc. are machine made, over-priced and over-rated pens made of plastic. I just received my Ratnamson pen and it is THE fountain pen. Honestly, Indian pen makers lag in marketing. They should make websites and cater to the West. I'm from Chicago and waited for 1 year before I could find a reliable seller to ship a Ratnamson pen from India. Nevertheless, I found someone at fountain pen network.